Children's Mental Health Week 2021 wins highly commended at the Purpose Awards
Place2Be is delighted to have been highly commended in the NGO Best Health Cause Campaign category at the 2021 Purpose Awards. The award recognises the success of the Children's Mental Health Week 2021 campaign.
Children’s Mental Health Week 2021, which took place from 1 -7 February, encouraged children (and adults) to explore the different ways we can share thoughts, feelings and ideas. Highlights of the week included a virtual assembly with BAFTA Kids and Oak National Academy, a video message of support from our Royal Patron, the Young Voices’ charity single, and our joint conference with Psychotherapy Excellence.
Catherine Roche, Chief Executive of Place2Be, said:
“We’re thrilled that Place2Be’s Children’s Mental Health Week has been Highly Commended in the 2021 Purpose Awards. This accolade recognises the role of our campaign to raise awareness of the vital importance of supporting children’s mental wellbeing from an early age. A huge well done to our team.”
A huge thank you to all of the schools, families and organisations who supported the week and helped to make this year’s campaign our most successful to date. This year:
- Our free resources were downloaded over 225,000 times
- Over £80,000 was raised as a result of activity during the week
- Place2Be or Children’s Mental Health Week was mentioned in 3,000 pieces of media coverage, including interviews with Sky News and BBC Breakfast, and stories on BBC News, Happiful and TES
- There were over 26,000 posts on social media using #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek
- Place2Be gained over 10,000 new followers on social media
The next Children's Mental Health Week will be 7-13 February 2022. Sign up for email alerts to be the first to know when we announce next year's theme, and release our free resources.